Welcome to Belen’s April Newsletter
Hi all and welcome to our April Newsletter, the weather is turning a little cooler and it’s time to focus on Pigmentation.
We have an article explaining the different types and also ingredients that help diminish those spots.
We also have a quick skin pick me up special …. our Express Microdermabrasion only $65 normally $85
It’s also the perfect time to put a skin health plan in place for the winter months…. think skin needling!!
And Dermalogica have brought out a couple of new products which we will highlight together with one of our team members favourite product.
On with the news…….
What is Pigmentation?
Pigmentation, or hyperpigmentation, is the darkening of the skin in localised patches or sometimes this occurs in widespread areas in generalised hyperpigmentation.
Hormonal fluctuations, sun exposure, inflammation, ageing and certain medications can result in an overproduction of melanin (pigment) from melanocytes (pigment producing cells).
What are the different types of pigmentation?
- Sun spots & Age Freckles
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Medication-Induced Pigmentation
- Generalised or Widespread Pigmentation
Does different pigmentation require a different approach…?
The answer is yes—but there is also a general rule when it comes to dealing with most types of pigmentation.
“Yes, each specific diagnosis or cause will lead itself to different treatment options
“But the overarching principle is to use sun protection to prevent further exacerbation of the pigmentation.”
Other topical ingredients that can help eliminate current hyperpigmentation are actives such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, kojic acid, thiamidol and arbutin.
“[These] have been shown to inhibit the activity of tyrosinase (the key enzyme involved in the production of melanin
What are some of the best treatments for pigmentation on the face?
- Professional- Skin Needling,
- Brightening Mask and
What are the best ingredients to treat pigmentation on face?
- Shiitake mushroom
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A complex (Retinoids)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)
- Lactic Acid
Team members Fav Product…..
Amy’s holy grail!……Dermalogica – Powerbright Darkspot Serum
Normally $149, but to our readers this month… only $119
See Amy here, https://www.instagram.com/p/CQP0OzVjfdU/
It is amazing at targeting my pigmentation and post-acne inflammation. I can see results within days of using it consistently. I use it every morning (pss..between you and me, even under my eyes to minimise my dark circle) before my moisturiser.
If you are an ingredients lover like me, I have narrowed down the KEY ingredients that are a standout.
- Niacinamide (B3) – balance oil production to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
- Hexylresorcinol – fights free radicals and prevents the enzyme tyrosinase from playing its role in the formation of pigmentation.
- Shitake Mushroom – rich in beta glucans to brighten skin
- Ashwaganda – smooths and delivers antioxidant benefits
- Black current oil and Peony flower – boosts skin luminosity
Come in and see me when you are next in, I’m always happy to talk to you about my hero product
New products from the Dermalogica Stable……..
Awaken Peptide Eye Gel $89
A hydrating, visibly firming eye gel with caffeine and peptides that reduces the appearance of puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles. It is proven to look more well- rested in 10 minutes.
- Reduces the appearance of puffiness around the eye area
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Peptide blend firms and smooths skin to reduce puffiness
- Rosemary Leaf Extract soothes skin and minimises swelling
- Caffeine is known to reduce the appearance of puffiness
- Bioengineered Succinic Acid helps minimise fine lines and wrinkles
- Jojoba Ester promotes hydration and overall skin resilience
- Look more well-rested in 10 minutes*, while benefiting from long-term results.
Circular Hydration Serum $94
The best long-lasting serum that immediately floods skin with hydration, replenishes from within, and helps prevent future dehydration.
- Hyaluronic Acid: penetrates skin’s surface for deep hydration and more supple, radiant skin over time.
- Algae Extract-Infused Moisturising Matrix: delivers quick and long-lasting hydration.
- Polyglutamic Acid: replenishes skin’s hydration reserves from within.
- Plant-derived sugars + Amino Acids: helps prevent future hydration evaporation
- Lactobacillus Ferment + Avena Extract: balance skin’s microbiome.
More info at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVJow6RA6I
Our super popular Express Microdermabrasion of the face, normally $85 this month $65
This 30-minute treatment is guaranteed to have your skin feeling fresh and smooth in no time.
Its the ideal exfoliation treatment for both men and women. Its a perfect first time skin treatment or great to boost your current results:
- Double Cleanse
- Finishing products
If your time is in high demand, we recommend you book your appointment soon as there are limited numbers available daily
With your skin treatment you will be recommended 2 homecare products that will take the results to the next level. If you take home your “Micro must haves” on the day we will give you 20% off the products!!
May promotion, currently under development
We are currently creating a Brand new facial, suitable for all skin types, targeting sensitivity
“The Calming Facial”
Utilising the new Ultra Calming Products from Ultraceuticals
You our VIP readers can be the first in Perth to try this limited time facial for $140
Next time you are in store ask your therapist why this facial is ideal for you and keep an eye out in next months newsletter
Yes we still have
Our new website is still under development www.belengateway.com.au
It will be live soon and will have an improved process for ordering gift vouchers online, and copies of our newsletters.
Keep up with the latest on Instagram @belengateway
We look forward to seeing you soon
Your Team at Belen xx